Wednesday 24 September 2014

Job For a Cowboy - Sun of Nihility

     Job For a Cowboy is yet another of those relatively well-known bands that I've never really gotten into for whatever reason. I'll fully acknowledge that theirs has been a pretty good quality of death metal for years now, it's just never really been my death metal.

     But the first single off of their forthcoming fourth album Sun Eater has me seriously rethinking my stance on Job For a Cowboy. "Sun of Nihility" is a slinky, prog-tinged death metal slow jam that's made even better by a very tasty bit of shredding in the middle section of the song. There's even some bass that's both technically and melodically proficient and audible in the mix!

     So have a listen to "Sun of Nihility" and join me in reappraising Job For a Cowboy. Or be that guy who's been a Job For a Cowboy shipper for years. Your call.

No comments:

Post a Comment