Saturday 6 September 2014

Intervals - Automaton

     Playthrough videos have been the order of the day in heavy music for a while now, and that suits me just fine. As someone who plays guitar, and wishes they had the coordination to play drums, I enjoy being able to see a song actually played on an instrument, from start to finish. This is especially true of songs by bands I've never seen in concert, or likely will never see.

     There's just something about being able to watch and say, "so that's what he's doing there!" And as I said above, not being able to play the drums myself just makes a good drum playthrough video that much more impressive for me personally.

     So when the stars align and the Venn diagram circles of "good song" and "good playthrough" overlap, who am I to deny the will of the gods and forgo making such a song your Song of the Day. That's why tonight you're getting "Automaton" from A Voice Within, the latest from Canadian former instrumental act Intervals. Drummer Anup Sastry has put out a lot of good playthroughs, and this one's no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment