Friday 19 September 2014

Friday: Nero di Marte - Pulsar

     I knew absolutely nothing about Nero di Marte before hearing their latest song "Pulsar" (aside from an educated guess that they're Italian). After hearing this song, I now know one thing: they can write a badass, groovy post-death metal-y track.

     A few more things: "Pulsar" is the second song to be released from the band's upcoming sophomore effort Derviae, due out in October on Prosthetic Records. And maybe a couple more: "Pulsar" is maybe a tad heavier than "post-metal" (hence my waffley "post-death metal-y" above) but it's also got the kind of dynamics and atmosphere that reminds me of The Ocean. Even the vocals have a taste of Ocean here and there, which is only a good thing because I really dig The Ocean.

     So join me on a journey of discovery, won't you? Start with "Pulsar" and then go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment