Thursday 25 September 2014

Dance Gavin Dance - Pussy Vultures

     I've mentioned Dance Gavin Dance a couple of times lately in passing -- featuring a song by heavier side project Secret Band, talking about a band or two on guitarist Will Swan's new Blue Swan label -- but it's been a while since DGD had a song featured.

     Lucky for me then that they've just gotten around at last to releasing a promised B-side from the recording sessions for last year's Acceptance Speech. "Pussy Vultures" is equal parts big melody and high energy, and even though it's not quite as noodly as some of their work, it's still decidedly Dance Gavin Dance.

     I'm sure there were reasons why this track didn't make the final cut, but honestly, for straight quality I'm digging on this more than some of the stuff that did make Acceptance Speech. It's that good, and more than anything else it makes me want a new DGD album. Make it happen boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment