Wednesday 26 September 2012

Song of the Day: Every Time I Die - Turtles All the Way Down

     No doubt as a fan of heavier music, you're familiar with the term "metalcore", and the witches' brew of metal and hardcore it was coined to encapsulate. Were I pressed to dissect my musical taste, I would say I prefer my metalcore heavier on the metal and lighter on the hardcore, but I certainly acknowledge that there's good bands at the other, more hardcore, end of the spectrum too. Again, were I pressed, I would put today's band at that hardcore end, and I would further note the generous helping of southern-fried swagger and grungy, sleazy rock mixed into their metalcore sound.


     That band is Every Time I Die, and your song today is the humourously titled "Turtles All the Way Down", perhaps my favourite song from the 2009 album New Junk Aesthetic. Not everyone will immediately take to Every Time I Die's brand of lurching, punky grime, but if given the chance, it can be pretty damn catchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment