Monday 2 February 2015

Unearth - Unstoppable

     It's time for another Metalcore Monday, and to go along with it, I've got a riddle of sorts for you: can you guess which Unearth album might be my favourite?

     If you've been paying attention, this should be no problem, since most of the Unearth songs I've featured over the years have been drawn from it. Unearth's third album, 2006's III: In the Eyes of Fire, is just the right confluence of riffs, solo and breakdowns for me. They've done some cool tunes since, but everything was just so carefully considered on III, the fat so nicely trimmed. Sure, it's "just" metalcore, but In the Eyes of Fire is an example of just how good at metalcore Unearth can be. Check out "Unstoppable" for yet another taste of why I still through this record on every once in a while. Riffing never gets old.

No comments:

Post a Comment