Sunday 18 January 2015

Saturday: Fulgora - Meridian

     I'm not normally a guy for grind and the like, but that doesn't mean that stuff doesn't come along that tickles my fancy. Your song for yesterday is one such fancy tickling track.

     Fulgora is something of a metal/grind supergroup, being comprised of members of established acts Pig Destroyer, Misery Index, and Agoraphobic Nosebleed. Now, I'm not much of a fan of any of these individual pieces, but something about their combination in Fulgora holds greater appeal for me.

     As the hook to get you into Fulgora too, I present the video for "Meridian", the first single from the band's upcoming LP Stratagem. It's a three-minute slice of furious deathgrind that's got more angular energy than lots of bands pack into more longer compositions. If you like any of the bands mentioned above, or if you just like a good pummeling, give "Meridian" and Fulgora a spin.

No comments:

Post a Comment