Tuesday 25 June 2013

Song of the Monday: The Safety Fire - Red Hatchet

     Yeah, I know. I owe you a song. And I was all ready to post it yesterday, along with a little something else, but then I fell asleep at like seven o'clock last evening and that plan went out the window. So we're going to do a little time-warping today (you'll see what I mean in just one second) and get right back on track.



     The "time-warping" in question is this: everything I was going to post yesterday will become today's stuff, and the song I was going to do today will count for yesterday, capiche? It's cheating, I know, but it also means tomorrow we start afresh, and I like that. So here we go!

     I'm a little late to the party on it, but your song for yesterday is nevertheless "Red Hatchet", the first song released so far from The Safety Fire's upcoming sophomore LP Mouth of Swords, due out in September. I know I'm not the only one who dug Grind the Ocean, so let's all hope that Mouth of Swords will be not necessarily "more of the same" but closer to "more of something just as good or better", if that makes any sense.

     Whether it does or not, check out "Red Hatchet" and then stay tuned for today's stuff. I promise it's tasty.


No comments:

Post a Comment