Tuesday 14 July 2015

Friday: Queens of the Stone Age - Little Sister

     Grab your woodblocks and cowbells because I'm switching gears a bit for your Friday song. As I often do, I'm going to mellow things out a little going into last weekend -- a little, but not too much. Things are still going to be rocking enough, courtesy of Queens of the Stone Age.

     Regular readers will by now have picked up on the fact that I tend to favour (not always, but often) the earlier material in the catalogue of any given band. While this is equally true of Queens of the Stone Age, I'm more than willing to admit that Queens has written some great tunes since 2002's Songs for the Deaf.

     Tunes like your Friday song "Little Sister" from 2005's Lullabies to Paralyze, a suitably sleazy, radio-friendly rocker that's just quirky and weird enough to be right at home in the Queens Corpus. Bonus points for the warbly, squirrely tone on this track's guitar solo -- I think it's something simple like a pitch shifter or whammy pedal, but that doesn't make it any less fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment