Monday 27 July 2015

Friday: Sevendust - Thank You

     Goddamn life, always getting in the way of work. If you'll remember, before the weekend I was withing spitting distance of being caught up after the last... I don't know, month or so, spent in varying states of behindness. But a full weekend, including Saturday spent at a local writer's expo (I don't just write stupid blog posts, you know) ate up all the time I would have used to finish the job.

     But no matter, the inevitable has only been further delayed, not averted altogether, and once again the New Music Gods apparently feel I need a hand because they've sent me some metal manna from heaven. What's more, this one comes at me out the blue, since I didn't even know your Friday band was at work on a new record.

     I've made no secret of my love for Sevendust, so I'm actually kind of excited to hear that the band's 11th album Kill the Flaw is done and will be out in the fall. Even better, today we got our first taste in the form of first single "Thank You", a decently heavy, decently catchy number that sounds pretty Sevendusty. It's not at the same level as their best, but it's also better than their worst, you dig? Check it out and see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment