Saturday 6 July 2013

Song of the Day: The Kindred - Decades

     There are a few records labels out there that, for whatever reason, always make the metal news sites front pages. Usually it's because they have a roster of great bands, but whatever the case may be, they're involved in stuff we pay attention to.



     Basick is one that always piques my interest. I've got a ton of Basick releases on my shelf, and I'm super stoked that they're going to be the Euro label for Misery Signals' upcoming Absent Light. Another such is Sumerian, and while people are sometimes divided on their opinion of the label of some of its bands(*cough* The HAARP Machine *cough*), you can't deny that their line-up is pretty stacked: Animals as Leaders, Dillinger Escape Plan, The Faceless, Periphery, Mestis, T.R.A.M., and now Darkest Hour, just to name some of their bands that I'm into.

     Another recent Sumerian signing is pretty cool too, namely Canadians The Kindred, formerly known as Today I Caught the Plague. They're touring with Misery Signals and Intervals (among others) on the Absent Lights tour, and they've got a new single "Decades" from their upcoming album, two good reasons why you should check 'em out. I never gave Today I caught the Plague much attention, but I might just have to change that as far as The Kindred is concerned.


No comments:

Post a Comment