Friday 26 July 2013

Song of the Day: Foo Fighters - My Hero

     I suppose a Nirvana song might be a somewhat obvious (some would say obligatory) choice for a 90's Week song. But an album like Nevermind, while monumental, had less influence on me personally than another album by a Nirvana alumnus.



     My hat obviously goes off to Dave Grohl for basically doing all of the first Foo Fighters album himself, but I think 1997's The Colour and the Shape is the sweet spot. More or less front to back, The Colour and the Shape is a solid album with little or no fat that could have been trimmed. Everything's good, and there's a number of stand-outs.

     Like today's song, "My Hero". Today's one of those days when I defy you to put on this song and not be rocking out by the end of it. Grohl and company's output since has been hit or miss, but this one's all hit.


No comments:

Post a Comment