Tuesday 9 July 2013

Song of the Day: The Color Morale - Saviorself

     How bitter am I that none of the dates on the Misery Signals Absent Light release tour are close enough for me to make it out this time around? Let me count the ways.



     First, there's Misery Signal themselves, armed with a new album and a back catalogue chock full of kick-ass tunes. Then there's Intervals, a Canadian instrumental act that I've praised before on more than one occasion for their superhuman ability to craft headbobbingly good grooves. Starting the show off is The Kindred, another Canadian band I've featured here before, quite recently in fact.

     And nestled right in there is The Color Morale, a post-hardcore/post-metally type band from Illinois that I've only just gotten round to checking out. The song I sampled was "Saviorself" from their current disc Know Hope. Yet another reason I'm sad panda about missing this tour. Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment