Friday 19 October 2012

Song of the Day: Jimi Hendrix - Castles Made of Sand

     In my humble opinion as both a guitarist and a fan of music generally, there are a number of names that one simply has to touch upon in any discussion of classic rock, names that you just can't leave out. I've included several of those names so far this week, and today I present to you one more. Today's song just might be my favourite by this artist, and it's not necessarily one of his most well known songs, so I thought it would be a perfect choice to recommend to you.



     Your song today is "Castles Made of Sand" by Jimi Hendrix, from the 1967 album Axis: Bold as Love. Like I said, it's not the most well known Hendrix song, but it's been a personal favourite of mine since I was in high school, so what better Hendrix song to pick for Classic Rock Week?


No comments:

Post a Comment