Saturday 30 March 2013

Song of the Day: Mastodon - Crack the Skye

     A wee bit late  tonight/this morning, but nevermind. Again tonight I've got to do a little creative logicking to get where I want to be, but it'll be fine, you'll see. What the fuck am I talking about? Well, yesterday I wanted to do a Tesseract song, but for want of a new Tesseract song I got where I wanted to be via the roundabout way of Fellsilent, a band tangentially connected to Tesseract in a 6 degrees kind of way.



     Tonight the deets are a little different, but the scenario is similar enough: we've been listening to Baroness all evening, and it's put me in the mood for a Baroness song for the day, but since it's not been long enough since my last Baroness pick, I'm getting to the same rough destination by going with another stable of southern sludge-slingers.

     Your song today is Mastodon's "Crack the Skye", the epic title track from the band's 2009 album. I could have picked virtually any track from this album, as in my opinion it's a monster from front to back, but the album feels like it's building towards this one a bit, so who am I to fight it? If you've got the time though, you should definitely just start with "Oblivion" and let it ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment