Sunday 10 March 2013

Song of the Day: Animals as Leaders - Weightless

     Sometimes, as I've said before, I feel the need to comment on a post to update it, usually because a band has released a video for a song since I featured it as a Song of the Day. But sometimes I get to get in on the ground floor and come across a video for a song I've yet to feature, meaning I get to kill two pigs with one bird. Today is one of those days.



     Your song today is the title track from the sophomore album by djent instrumetal darlings Animals as Leaders, "Weightless". I know, I know, it's only been like two weeks since the last time I recommended an Animals as Leaders song to you, and that's a much shorter interval between band repeats than I'd normally like. But today I have a method to my madness for once.

     The method? Today a live video for this song came up in my Facebook feed courtesy of a share from Pomegranate Tiger, and the crazy drum solo at the end was more than enough to earn "Weightless" today's Song of the Day spot... once I'd picked my jaw up off my desk. Matt Garstka is a badass - enough said.


No comments:

Post a Comment