Thursday 21 February 2013

Song of the Day: Toadies - Possum Kingdom

     You can thank my mp3 player's shuffle once again for this one, as this morning this song came on a got me thinking. You see, the way I see it this song is an interesting phenomenon, a cool, quirky little song that nearly everyone around my age has heard, likes, and cannot identify. This song never got big enough for this band to qualify as a one hit wonder, but they definitely give off that vibe.



     Your song for today is "Possum Kingdom" from the 1994 album Rubberneck by Toadies. Doesn't ring a bell? Trust me, have a listen and you'll know this song. Maybe you didn't know what it was called, or who it was by, but I'm willing to bet you've heard it before. If you haven't, go ahead and leave a comment telling me how wrong I am, but I think you'll remember this gem from our collective youths with more than a little fondness. Head on down to the boathouse right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment