Thursday 3 July 2014

Night Verses - Celestial Fires

     The naysayers among you (you guys are the worst) would likely argue that the emo/screamo/whatevero implosion crippled, or even killed, the genre(s) commonly known as post-hardcore. But I say post-hardcore is still alive and well. Take a knee, son!

     I've written about Night Verses before, but a lot has happened for them in the interim. I featured a track from their EP, but since then the band has released their debut LP Lift Your Existence, and now they've unveiled a new video for the song "Celestial Fires". 

     Both aggressive and earnest, "Celestial Fires" is the perfect case study of emotional post-hardcore, with just a hint of a metal edge. If it's any indication of the overall quality of Lift Your Existence then I'm going to have to make a serious effort check the whole LP out. I suggest you do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment