Sunday 17 March 2013

Song of the Day: Rush - YYZ

     At work we have the local classic rock station on the radio all the time, as I know I've mentioned before, and one of the many interesting things I've noticed is that you don't get a lot of instrumental tracks in the world of classic rock radio.

     Don't misunderstand me, as I know there's lots of instrumental classic rock tracks out there. I'm just saying you don't hear many of them on the regular, non-satellite radio on a regular basis. However, given that I'm Canadian, there is at least one classic instrumental cut I can count on hearing at least every once in a while.

     Your song tonight, while not metal, is Rush's "YYZ" from the 1981 prog classic Moving Pictures. You might be familiar with this song and not know it, since it's a) instrumental (and therefore lacking that special Geddy Lee something) and b) just one of those songs nobody knows the name of or who it's by, but even if you're not familiar with it at all I defy you to listen to it and then not want to hear it covered by your favourite metal band. Leave any especially interesting suggestions for possible cover artists in the comments below.



No comments:

Post a Comment