Saturday 9 March 2013

Song of the Day: David Byrne - Glass, Concrete & Stone

     Since it was released on Tuesday, I've been playing a fair amount of the new version of Sim City - more than I should be, because it's a productivity killer. But it's so addictive once you get into it, and one of the many reasons is the decidedly unmetal music that's soothing and serene and just a smidge quirky. In fact, it keeps remind me of today's song, hence my choosing it to share with you.



     Your song this evening is David Byrne's "Glass, Concrete & Stone" from 2004's Grown Backwards. It's a mellow, kinda quirky little tune that's always made me think of playing The Sims, and now Sim City. Additionally, I always picture a little yellow David Byrne singing it in my head, from when he guested on The Simpsons. Yeah, I'm weird. Shut up.


No comments:

Post a Comment