Thursday 17 January 2013

Song of the Day: Rufio - Above Me

     So this week I've been using my old mp3 player instead of my current one. The 64 GB one I've got now has my complete CD collection it, while my old one has a hodge-podge of stuff that includes albums I've ripped from friends over the years and even some of my own stuff. What all this means is that this week I've heard a bunch of stuff I haven't heard in years, including today's little gem.



     Your song today is "Above Me" by pop punk powerhouse Rufio, from their 2001 debut Perhaps, I Suppose... Now, you might complain that this is too emo a band for Loud Noises, if you were the type to comment on things (which you're not) but I challenge you to listen to the drumming in this song and call it anything but fucking punk. Sure, it's saccharine, but it's also fast as fuck and just a tad techy, which makes it cool enough for me. How about you?



PS - Bonus points to anybody who can name the source of the audio sample from the start of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment