Saturday 28 March 2015

Thursday: Gyre - I Release

     Sisyphus here, coming to you live on location from behind this giant boulder that just won't go up this damn hill...

     Yes, I'm still catching up from last weekend's lax performance, but I'm going to do it today, I swear, and I'm going to start with a belated Thursday post of some rather tasty metalcore. Even if you're one of those anti-metalcore types I'm always talking about, I still think you might find a thing or two to enjoy in this one.

      "I Release", from the upcoming EP Moirai, is the latest from New York's Gyre, and while it'd be easy to just call it a metalcore song, it'd be doing these guys such a disservice. Sure, it's metalcorey, but it's got an edge of progginess, a vein of thrashy shreddiness, and a healthy share of catchy energy like you might find in, say, a Protest the Hero song.

     Needless to say, this track goes (know what I mean, nudge nudge?) so metalcore aficionado or not, you should probably give this one a listen or two. Or three. It's really up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment