Tuesday 22 July 2014

Monday: Stray From the Path - Counting Sheep

     I've never really been a Stray From the Path fan, but I recently stumbled across this song and decided it reminds me of some other stuff that I am a  fan of, so today I'm going to connect a couple of dots for you. Enjoy.

     Dot one: the song "Counting Sheep" from Stray From the Path's latest LP Anonymous. Dot two: post-hardcore godfathers Refused. Dot three: heirs to Refused's crown, letlive. Stray From the Path has the same aggressive energy and the same catchy-songwriting-with-a-ragged-edge as both of those bands. The latter's Jason Aalon Butler even does some guest work on Anonymous, so maybe it's not so strange that I'm mentioning Stray From the Path in the same breath as Jason's letlive.

     It's not techy or proggy, and it's not really even metal, so it's not necessarily the usual fare around here, but it'll move you, and maybe that's all you need right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment