Wednesday 16 July 2014

Haken - Falling Back to Earth

     I'm going to try and eat another eleven minutes of your time this evening, but I promise it'll be worth it. Would I lie to you?

     One of last year's most talked about prog albums was The Mountain, the third disc from the British badasses in Haken. I featured the song "Cockroach King" back when this record first came out, with its music video's just-right combination of the menacing music with the Muppet-style puppet visuals. But Haken and The Mountain are not so one dimensional as all that.

     Your song this evening is "Falling Back to Earth", an epic prog journey replete with both dreamy melancholy and some twisted, evil grooves. The eleven minutes will fly by, trust me, and you'll be left achin' for more Haken. See what I did there? It may have been terrible, but that doesn't mean "Falling Back to Earth" isn't another great reason to check out The Mountain and discover this underrated gem from across the pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment