Saturday 12 January 2013

Song of the Day: Pantera - Revolution Is My Name

     I'm sure you're aware of this by now, but it's Saturday, which hopefully means at least a little rest and relaxation for you, dear reader. As I sit and ponder what song I should feature today, it occurs to me that some good hanging out, party time music is in order after what has been, at least for me, a bit of a long week. But rather than do what I've done in the past, and gone for less metal, more chill weekend hang out tunes, I'm going to keep things firmly Loud Noises while stepping back from punishing brutality and towards a rocking good time.



     With that in mind, your song today is Pantera's "Revolution is My Name" from the band's final studio album, 2000's Reinventing the Steel. I'm sure this album isn't every Pantera fan's favourite, and I certainly don't think it is either, but I've always thought it had some cool tunes, and I've always thought this is one of them. So if you're not the biggest fan of this song or this album, tough titties. I'm starting my unwind right this moment with Dime and the boys, why not put up your feet and join me?


No comments:

Post a Comment