Tuesday 1 January 2013

Song of the Day: Alexisonfire - Pulmonary Archery

     We're going to forge ahead with what I'm tentatively calling Resurrection Week, a week of songs dedicated to some cool bands that disbanded perhaps a little too soon and that we might perhaps like to resurrect if we could. Today I've got another defunct (or soon to be defunct) Canadian post-hardcore band that occupies a pretty soft spot in my heart. I'm talking, of course, about Alexisonfire.



     Your song today is another old AOF favourite of mine, "Pulmonary Archery", from their 2002 debut album. They've released several albums since that first one, with lots of good songs that I certainly could feature, but AOF's first album has always been special for me, probably because I was in high school when it came out and it helped get me into heavier and heavier music. So let's play that one today as we celebrate the lifespan of an important band in my musical history.


No comments:

Post a Comment