Friday 7 November 2014

Thursday: Static-X - I'm With Stupid

     I'm going full bandwagon jumper with a Throwback Thursday post for yesterday in honour of the untimely death of Static-X founder Wayne Static.

     As I said when I posted on Facebook about this story earlier in the week, I was never a huge Static-X fan growing up. I did, however, grow up during the heyday of nu metal (please supply your own umlaut as desired) so I was definitely exposed to albums like Wisconsin Death Trip and Machine when they were first released. As a result, Static-X, like with so many other bands from around the same time, is a part of my musical history.

     That's why I'm throwing your Thursday back to the first Static-X song I ever heard, "I'm With Stupid", from the band's aforementioned 1999 debut Wisconsin Death Trip. In terms of technicality and complexity, it's a pretty far cry from the kind of stuff I listen to now, but it's still a simple, fun headbanger with some added nostalgia value. Raise a glass this Thursday (or Friday, you know, whenever...) to Wayne his place in modern music history. Nobody will ever be able to rock that haircut that well again.

No comments:

Post a Comment