Friday 7 August 2015

Thursday: Nothingface - Error in Excellence

     Throwback Thursday time, which means it's time to go back to one of my trusty TBT wells for something tasty. You should all know some of those bands of old I gravitate towards by now, so, anybody placing any bets on your Thursday song this week?

     Those of you who wisely put money on Nothingface, congratulations, you've picked the humble wooden cup amidst the gallery of golden goblets that would, of course, have been poor choices. I really dug Nothingface back in the day, and they've only dug themselves deeper into my heart. There aren't too many people from my youth that I still hang out with, but even the metalheads I've become friends with later in life all share a common love for many of the same bands of yore, Nothingface included.

     So let's go back to what is probably my favourite Nothingface album for a song that goes out to all those gentlemen mentioned above, past and present, who get that nostalgic grin on their face when this band comes on. Your Throwback Thursday song is "Error in Excellence" from 1998's An Audio Guide to Everyday Atrocity, simply because I've always liked both the song and the album. Happy time travelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment