Monday 11 August 2014

Sunday: Protest the Hero - Mist

     Some of you might be wondering what happened to Sunday's Song of the Day. I'll lay some of the blame on my recovery from Saturday's Mini-Olympiad, but the more exciting excuse is that last night was the long-awaited Protest the Hero show here in town, with support from Pomegranate Tiger and Mandroid Echostar.

     I know I've mentioned this show and its tour at least a couple of times here at Loud Noises (I asked the guys from Pomegranate Tiger in our Twenty Questions exchange, for example) but I've been busy at work, and I've had the mini-olympics on the brain for a bit, and somehow or other this show just kinda crept up on me. Not that I'm complaining.

     I had of course intended to drop a quick Protest song on you before we left, but much of my afternoon yesterday was consumed by napping, in preparation for my 4 AM start at work this morning. (Yeah, yeah, I know, it's a real sob story.) So the order of business when it comes to catching up on yesterday is most definitely a Protest the Hero song, and the boys have helped me make a choice as to which one by releasing a new video recently.

     Your song for yesterday is "Mist", from last year's Volition, an homage to the province of Newfoundland. The boys in Protest have apparently long had a soft spot for Newfoundland and the warm reception they continually receive whenever touring takes them there. And if the song is dedicated to the band's favourite province, the video is perhaps even more so. Crank "Mist" and be jealous of the time I had last night while you await my Pit Report later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment