Wednesday 6 August 2014

Mirrelia - Six Over Seven

     I've said it before and I'll no doubt say it many times more before I'm through: the Canadian heavy music scene is brimming with talent. Every time I look I discover more of it, and a lot of the time when I don't look I discover more of it too.

     Today's band just happened to pop up in my Facebook feed, being plugged by one band I already follow or another, and I consider it fate that they did. Toronto-based Mirrelia are gearing up to release a new EP next week, and the first single "Six Over Seven" has the right combination of heavy, jagged riffing, melodic hookiness, and ever-so-slightly proggy tendencies.

     I bet you've never heard of Mirrelia, but I'm also willing to bet at least some of you out there will dig them. So check out "Six Over Seven", then check out The Actor EP next week, and discover for yourself yet another hidden Canadian gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment