Friday 15 August 2014

Friday: My Project Ghost - Wrap Around Porch

     By now you should know that I likes me some post-hardcore, even if that is such a broad genre label that it can arguably shelter virtually anything under its prodigious umbrella. But today's band is decidedly post-hardcore (if that makes any sense) and I've got Metalsucks to thank for the heads up.

     Of course, they have one of the dudes from The Safety Fire to thank for the heads up in the first place, as apparently said dude is friends with the guitarist in British post-hardcore trio My Project Ghost. This haunting musical endeavour (see what I did there?) has only released one song so far, but it's that one song that I'm really digging on.

     "Wrap Around Porch" is big and laden with grooves, with equal helpings of melody and disharmony. Think Architects if they were less metal (which makes a little sense, since apparently said My Project Ghost guitarist Morgan Sinclaire used to be Architects live guitarist). I'll be interested to hear what My Project Ghost comes out with next.

No comments:

Post a Comment