Tuesday 27 May 2014

Dirty Loops - Hit Me

     I talk a lot about how there's good, interesting music in every genre, not just metal, and I've decided to put my money where my mouth is tonight. Chances are you've seen the name Dirty Loops floating around the interwebs the last couple of days, but now I'm going to tell you why you should go listen to these guys right now.

     Yes, that's right: I, the metalhead, am imploring you to check out this jazzy-poppy-funky power trio from Sweden. And I'm not alone -- I've seen this band recommended by both Numbers and Scale the Summit recently. Why are we all so stoked? Let me paint you a picture. Imagine if Stevie Wonder had been born in a different era... and in Sweden. Now team him up with a super-tight funk-jazz rhythm section, and let him loose to craft some infectious little ditties that will get you moving.

     That Stevie-out-of-time is Jonah Nilsson, that insane rhythm section is Henrik Linder and Aron Mellergard, and that purveyor of tasty power pop is Dirty Loops. This kind of thing really isn't normally my cup of tea, but good songs and good musicianship will win me over, and these guys have both in spades.

     Yesterday I was talking about Cake as being a band that should be much more mainstream. Well Dirty Loops could be much more mainstream, and more than likely will. I'd be flabbergasted if they didn't get at least kinda big. So get in on the ground floor and check out "Hit Me", the infectious opening track from their recently released debut Loopified.


No comments:

Post a Comment