Monday 12 May 2014

Album of the Week: letlive - The Blackest Beautiful

     Well folks, it's another Monday, and time for another tired Garfield cliche. But your Monday doesn't have to suck. It could be awesome. Of what arcane devilry do I speak, you ask? Why, it's time for another Loud Noise Album of the Week (patent pending)!

     This week I implore you to check out The Blackest Beautiful, the most recent effort from Los Angeles post-hardcore band letlive. I know, I know, you regular readers are whinging at your monitors about how I've featured them several times before as the Song of the Day, and compared them to Glassjaw, and otherwise fawned over them.

     This album, however, works so well as a complete whole for me that I'm just going to pretend I don't hear you negative Nellies. Besides, these guys have awesome energy and are one of the best examples I can come up with of the idea that heavier music can still be catchy as hell. I recently picked up a copy of the band's 2010 sophomore disc Fake History, and while that record is proof positive that letlive didn't just get lucky with the calibre of material they produced for follow-up The Blackest Beautiful -- they've been crafting good shit for a while now -- I've chosen to recommend the newer album this week because it just has the feel of a band that's comfortable and confident in its skin and its sound. Give The Blackest Beautiful a couple of listens this week and I bet you'll dig it.

No comments:

Post a Comment