Tuesday 18 March 2014

East of the Wall - Noir Filter

     I picked the latest album by today's band as one of my Ten Best of 2013, and I've featured them here in the hallowed halls of the Song of the Day before, but I feel for some reason like these guys are under-appreciated outside of the online metal community. I could be completely off base here, but that isn't going to stop me from proclaiming once again the awesomeness of East of the Wall.

     Redaction Artifacts is a difficult record to describe: broad, kinda vague terms like "post-metal" or "prog" can sketch an outline, and I could fill in a million and one details about dissonant riffs and weirdly infectious grooves, but you should probably just listen to East of the Wall for yourself and come to your own conclusions.

     Today I'm recommending album closer "Noir Filter", but if you've got more than the epic ten minutes required for this one, then I strongly urge you to listen to Redcation Artifacts in full. It's an experience you'll be glad you undertook.




No comments:

Post a Comment