Thursday 26 September 2013

Song of the Day: Underoath - It's Dangerous Business Walking Out Your Front Door

     While we're revisiting songs I forgot I dug, let's throw in a little something that's bound to raise the ire of metalheads.



     Back when I did the Twenty Questions interview with Kyle from Numbers, he expressed some love for Underoath's Define the Great Line, and I subsequently said that I heard where he was coming from even if I'm not really an Underoath fan. But that last bit's not 100% true. Maybe 95%, sure, but to find that 5% that really stuck to me you just have to go back an album.

     2004's They're Only Chasing Safety was a record my friends and I all liked well enough, but it had one track in particular that got into my brain like those mind control bugs from Wrath of Khan, and not just because the title if (I'm fairly certain) a Lord of the Rings reference. Yes, I'm talking about "It's Dangerous Business Walking Out Your Front Door". Though metal purist you may be, dear reader, I defy you to listen to this song without rocking out in a head bobbing kind of way. Go on, just try it.


No comments:

Post a Comment