Wednesday 4 September 2013

Song of the Day: Bear - Rain

     Just yesterday I was talking about how I'm generally favourably disposed towards bands on the Basick Records roster, and today I declare that I don't know how I feel about their latest signing.



     On the one hand, Belgium's Bear sound pretty similar to a lot of bands and are certainly far from reinventing the wheel, but on the other their new single "Rain" has a couple of cool grooves, showing that these Belgian ursines are at least capable of writing some riffs if nothing else. Metal is a genre where that's a good place to start, but it's seldom enough.

     Bear's Noumenon is still about a month away, so we'll have to wait to see what else, if anything, these guys have got. For now, have a listen to "Rain" if you haven't already and decide whether it's yay or nay.


No comments:

Post a Comment