Tuesday 14 May 2013

Song of the Day: Set and Setting - Spiraling Uncertainties

     Cool instrumental stuff seems, thankfully, to be in ready supply these days. Among the instrumental stuff I'm digging durrently: Scale the Summit, Pomegranate Tiger, Russian Circles, Blotted Science, Animals as Leaders, Mestis, Trioscapes, Zaius, Intervals...



     That's a veritable buttload of good bands that I can name pretty much right off the top of my head (sorry to anyone I've missed). Basically what I'm trying to say, besides pointing out the health of the sub-genre, is that it takes some chops to get on my instrumental radar and stay there for more than a moment. These guys have those chops.

     Your song today is "Spiraling Uncertainties", the first song from the upcoming album Equanimity by Florida's Set and Setting. Like lots of ambience-heavy post-rock/post-metal-type stuff, there's some investment involved with a band like Set and Setting ("Spiraling Uncertainties", for example, is over seven minutes long) but the pay-off is satisfying enough to warrant giving them at least a song's worth of your time.


No comments:

Post a Comment