Saturday 25 August 2012

Song of the Day: Queens of the Stone Age - Better Living Through Chemistry

     Once again it's the weekend (funny how they come around every week, eh?) and since there's only a couple of them left this summer, I thought maybe I'd go back to the template from last weekend, by which I mean picking some songs that are perhaps a little more laid back, a little more chill. As is so often the case, the band was the easy choice. My friends and I listened to a ton of Queens of the Stone Age through high school and into university; the first three QOTSA albums in particular were never far from our Discmen (yeah, I'm that old). The choice of song was less obvious, given that QOTSA can rock a laid-back groove with the best of them (*cough* Kyuss *cough*), but I think I settled on one that will take your day and set it to "chill" without too much difficulty.



     Today's song is "Better Living Through Chemistry", from Queens of the Stone Age's sophomore disc, 2000's classic Rated R. If you're a QOTSA fan, put this on, grab some of the chemical of your choice, and start living better. If you're unfamiliar with Queens or with this album, Google a track list and listen to this one from start to finish. I'm pretty sure you'll be glad you did.


No comments:

Post a Comment