Sunday 5 August 2012

Song of the Day: In Flames - Take This Life

     Heavy TO grows nearer daily, and so today I've got another song for you by a band appearing next weekend. This time around, it's the band that's replacing Lamb of God, Swedish metal veterans In Flames. I'm not the biggest In Flames fan, although I haven't heard any of their most recent material, but they've good some cool songs in their catalogue for sure. Today's might not be the best of the bunch in everyone's opinion, but it's the song that first exposed me to In Flames.

     Your song for today is "Take This Life" from 2006's Come Clarity. I've seen and heard the lamentations of In Flames fans that this album was a big step in the decline of this band into mediocrity, but like I said, it was through this song that I first came to know In Flames, so I'll always have a certain soft spot for it. Maybe one of you can discover a new band through it as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment