Thursday 16 August 2012

Song of the Day: At the Drive-In - Arcarsenal

     Morning kids. I'm building on the last couple of day's songs today. Yesterday we had Death Before Disco because the day before I'd said Exotic Animal Petting Zoo reminded me of them. Well I also mentioned At the Drive-In, and even though I did remind you that At the Drive-In came up way back in the first Loud Noises post about The Mars Volta (meaning that if you wanted some ATDI, you should know where to look for a few recommendations from yours truly), I've decided to give them a day so that I can be sure you know what I'm talking about with this vibe I'm getting from these three bands.



     So your song today is "Arcarsenal" from ATDI's 2000 landmark album Relationship of Command. There's lots of good songs on this album, but I'm a big fan of album openers (if I haven't mentioned it before) and this one kicks this album off with a high energy blast of frenetic post-hardcore/post-rock. Have a listen and then, if you're so inclined, go back over the last couple of days and see if you agree with my assessment.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment