Tuesday 14 January 2014

Architects - Naysayer

     I've come to the conclusion that sometimes it's better to be just a casual fan of a band. Be the devoted fan, checking Twitter for album updates and reading every single spot you can find anywhere, and you'll only end up disappointed when some mastering error or shipping mishap delays the release of a long-awaited album.

     Best the casual fan, however, getting distracted by a myriad of other things and checking in with a band only occasionally or not at all, and you'll simply be pleasantly surprised every time they come out of the studio with fresh material and you happen to stumble upon it.

     Such is the case with British post-hardcore metalcore band Architects. I've been a fan since the band's first album, but the last several have caught me by surprise, and I think I've enjoyed them more because of it. So I'm pleased to have found "Naysayer" kicking around Facebook today. If its initial blast beats are anything to judge by, the forthcoming  Lost Forever // Lost Together should be plenty heavy.


No comments:

Post a Comment