Monday 9 November 2015

Saturday: The Drowned God - Mezzanine

     After "yesterday's" relatively polished and, in a sense, sparse production (don't worry, I'll explain in a second), I hope you're ready for some dense chaos, because that's what you're going to get from your Saturday song by The Drowned God.

     If I were throwing darts at my "metal genre label" dartboard, the ones marked "The Drowned God" would probably land in the "post-metal" segment of the board, or maybe the "post-hardcore" section. But those darts wouldn't be telling you the whole story, because there's a lot happening on The Drowned God's latest EP The Ebony Void. There are blackened and doomy elements, grimy distorted vocals, heady doses of ambiance and atmosphere, and like I said above, a dense and chaotic sonic maelstrom. Interested?

     There are only three beefy tracks on The Ebony Void, so I'm going to pull a me and start you with track one, "Mezzanine". Put some headphones on for this one, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment