Tuesday 17 November 2015

Baroness - Shock Me

     Before I get to your Tuesday song, I'd like you to take a look at the header for this post. Notice anything different? Maybe how it doesn't say what day of the week it is? Yes, that's right kids, after months (literally!) of being behind to varying degrees, I'm all caught up on Songs of the Day. Let's see how long I can keep this plate spinning smoothly, shall we?

     So, Tuesday song then. Sadly, it's not tech, but that doesn't mean it's not fun. The new Baroness record Purple comes out in just about a month's time, so it only makes sense that we're getting another taste in the form of new single "Shock Me". And while first single "Chlorine and Wine" didn't sell me 100% on the new album and the new lineup, I'm pretty much all in after hearing single number two. Energy, melody, guitars, drums -- everything's working on this one. If you needed a surprise, do yourself a favour and have a listen to "Shock Me".

No comments:

Post a Comment