Thursday 9 January 2014

East of the Wall - Obfuscator Dye

     Speaking (as I was yesterday) of bands and albums that cropped on some end of the year lists, I think today's band flew under a lot of people's radars until the release of their latest album last October. I know I'd never heard of East of the Wall before I read about Redaction Artifacts, but I sure as shit know about them now.

     Intricate and layered guitar work is front and center here, combined with fresh, complex drumming and a bucket-load of interesting melodic choices, result in a record that maintains a certain off-kilter beauty while still sounding, at times, truly menacing. Have a listen to the five-minute groove-fest that is "Obfuscator Dye" for a taste of the barely digestible immensity that is Redaction Artifacts.


No comments:

Post a Comment