Friday 26 April 2013

Song of the Day: Tool - Lateralus

     For whatever reason it occurred to me the other day that I've never featured a Tool song from the epic Lateralus. Time to fix that one right now!



     Your song tonight is the title track from Tool's third studio album, because I can't think of a song that encapsulates better both the epicness of this album as well as the many reasons why this album was so important to me when I was in high school. Bands like Tool were my first stepping stones into heavy music that wasn't Metallica or something in the nu-metal vein, and more than that into heavy music that was progressive and boundary-pushing, heavy music that demanded mental engagement of the listener rather than just passive acceptance. My musical tastes wouldn't be what they are today without Tool, and I probably wouldn't have gotten as into Tool as I did without Lateralus. So Happy Friday Night everybody. Have a swing on the spiral for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment