Sunday 14 April 2013

Song of the Day: Deftones - Bloody Cape

     It's only been like a week since the last time I did a Deftones song, but since you've by now no doubt heard of the passing of original bassist Chi Cheng it seems to me that I can't choose a song by any other band tonight. And even though their last couple of records with new bass played Sergio Vega have been great, I've got to go with something Chi played on for today's song.



     It maybe not be the song you thought I was going to pick, or the song you wanted me to pick, but "Bloody Cape" from 2003's Deftones has always been a favourite of mine and a track we listened to a lot of when this album came out, so that's your song for this evening. As much as I look forward to the future of Deftones with Sergio, I've also grown up with so many classic Deftones songs that Chi was a key part of, so many classic songs that are part of the soundtrack of my generation. I thank all the guys in the band for that, but Chi gets singled out tonight.

     Thanks for all the awesome music Chi.




No comments:

Post a Comment