Saturday 6 April 2013

Song of the Day (April 5): Alexisonfire - Born and Raised

     I'm  a bit late for today (this is counting for April 5th) but not by a whole lot, so hopefully you won't even notice. Except that I've just called attention to it. Shit. Oh well.



     Your song today/tonight/whatever is "Born and Raised" from Alexisonfire's 2009 record Old Crows/Young Cardinals. I've been a fan of this now-defunct Canadian post-hardcore band for a long time, since their first album came out way back when I was in high school, and Old Crows/Young Cardinals has never been an album I've paid much attention to. But the shuffle gods that govern my mp3 player have seen fit to toss me this song a couple of times recently, and I'm digging it as much as any latter-day Alexisonfire. It's a good solid post-hardcore/post-rock song, and now it's yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment