Monday 11 January 2016

New Year's Day: U2 - New Year's Day

     File this one under "How Have I Not Done this for New Year's Before?" Maybe it's because I've never been a huge fan of the band (and especially not its frontman), or maybe it's because I try and maintain the image that this is a more metal-inclined blog (like you still believe that lie), but for whatever reason I've never started a new year here at Loud Noises with this little number from U2.

     "New Year's Day" was the lead single from 1983's War, and it's definitely one of their best known songs. Like I said, I'm not much of a U2 fan, especially when it comes to newer U2, but this one always get left on when it comes on the radio. Ring in the new year a week and a half too late with this classic cut from an important-if-overrated band.

No comments:

Post a Comment