Tuesday 12 January 2016

Last Sunday: Finger Eleven - Paralyzer

     The loss of a legend is always a bit of a downer, so let's pick things up with a Sunday Funday post that, upon reflection, I think the Disco King might well have approved of.

     When Finger Eleven's 2007 record Them vs. You vs. Me came out, I wasn't the hugest fan of the bouncy first single "Paralyzer", even if I can relate to the lines about feeling out of place in dance clubs. But as I get older, maybe a little more open-minded, this one grows on me, and it's another one of those songs that never gets skipped on the radio, and indeed often gets a little more volume if I happen to hear it come on. David Bowie would of course insist that we put on our red shoes and dance our blues, so I say start with "Paralyzer" for dance music and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment