Tuesday 5 January 2016

Boxing Day: I the Mighty - Psychomachia

     A Boxing Day post means back to your regularly scheduled programming here at Loud Noises, as far as that goes, starting with an energetic post-hardcore number that would be right at home on my list of stuff that's "radio friendly but actually good".

     I've written in praise of I the Mighty and their 2015 record Connector before, but it's been a while, and in the absence of newer music from these guys I say it's time to revisit the Connector well in search of something melodic and rocking.  Connector's fourth track "Psychomachia" fits that bill nicely, with energy, melody, and just a hint of a metallic, aggressive kind of edge. Connector has all kinds of songs like this, so I the Mighty's follow-up, whenever that materializes, should be something to keep an eye on.

No comments:

Post a Comment